Saturday, January 16, 2010

28 weeks!

Jan 16 - today marks 28 weeks - a HUGE milestone for baby's viability! That is the really good news; we have made a lot of progess since getting here 31 days ago. The bad news for the days is I am not going home any time soon. I had tried to not get my hopes up too much but human nature won out and I am kinda down about not getting a little bit of normalcy back in my life. However, I know it's for the best being here where they can take excellent care of me. I'm still dialated about the same, and I have what is called "hourglassing membranes" which menans a marble-sized portion of my membrane is coming thru my cervix. With that, the doctor did not feel comfortable sending me home to continue home bedrest. I know the docs meet regularly to discuss high-risk cases like me and I'm hopeful that they will give me an idea of "the plan" later this week.

Today I have a great nurse who has been very supportive. She also has a call into the NICU people to come by and spend some time talking to us about how much the situation has changed since we first had those scary conversations 4 plus weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment