Friday, January 22, 2010

Gestational Diabetes and more

I apparently am right on the borderline of having gestational diabetes. They did the 3 hour test on Tuesday, and of the 4 thimes they took my blood, I passed 2 and failed 2 (by 1 and 2 points respectively). I thought the doc said they wouldn't change my diet, but they did - no concentrated sugars, etc, and they are monitoring my sugar levels after each meal. One of the docs said it might be just for a few days, but I guess wel'll see.

All the docs are now saying I'll be here for the duration (which I have already accepted), and that they doubt I will make it to 36 weeks w/out going into labor on my own. So now it's a waiting game, hoping to keep the baby in there to "bake" longer.

Jill & Amanda came by Tuesday night to hang out which was a ton of fun. We watched AI and hung out all evening long. Fun fun! Eric has been here since Wednesday after work too. He'll be heading home tomorrow to get the chair rail put up in the baby's room (with Adam's help). My parents also sent money (rather than buying and shipping something for the shower) so he's probably going to order the dresser, glider, and crib mattress.

Baby shower preparations are underway. Jen and some folks from the s crapbooking group are coming by on Wednesday night for a shower here since they can't make it to the big shower on 2/6. Invites for that shower went out today, and I think I mentioned that it's at Amy's house. Eric will be there and I will be video'd in. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment