Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 3 - moved to our new "home"

Dec 19th - Once we finished the mag sulfate day, the doctors decided things were looking positive enough to move me to an antepartum room. I had no idea that all of this existed, but the hospital has certain rooms designated for moms on bedrest.

This day also marked 24 weeks!

I got my first hospital meal - breakfast - which after 2 days of basically no food, was good. I believe I declared the coffee the best coffee ever.

We moved into room 4B24 and got settled in. Well, I was wheeled in, and Eric moved all of our stuff to the new room. This room was bigger and instead of having one nurse all day we had a nurse and a nurse tech who checked in on me on a regular basis. The bed was much more comfortable too. Still not my bed at home but it would do. I was also moved to a flat position instead of feet higher than my head.

Eric had already called in to our health insurance and found that since we are in-network this whole stay would be covered 100% covered (big relief). He went home and got some necessities, including our table top Christmas Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment