Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Update

27 weeks today!!

Since we last chatted here's what's been going on....

- Dr. Wells, the perinatologist, came by to confirm that the ultrasound and associated measurements looked really good. We discussed Eric's and my "plan" (I put that in quotes because we're not the doctors and will do whatever they say) is to get to the first milestone of 28 weeks, and then pretty much every even week after that - 30, 32, etc...and liberalize a little eat each point. From 28 to 32 weeks I'll probably stay horizontal as I am now, just getting up to eat, shower, and go potty. Then maybe sit up a little bit more after 32 weeks. Dr. Wells said after 36 weeks I can pretty much go take a job around the block, so that is my overall "big" goal.

- He also confirmed that if I go on home bedrest, I'll likely go to see hm on a regular basis so that they can assess the growth regularly

- and 36 weeks is only 9 weeks away!

- being on bedrest is a real pain, and not something I wanted, but after the importance is laid out to you, it makes it a whole different picture. I'll do whatever is needed, and Dr. Wells said the investment we're making right now will payback for about 80 years!!

- got to take a shower today - whoo hoo!!

- Dr, Wheeler came by this morning and said that they all discussed my case at their high risk meeting this past week and were pleased with the progress I'd made so far. They all agreed that IF ALL GOES WELL, I can go on home bedrest next weekend. They will check me the latter part of this coming week and if that looks good and all my NSTs (daily monitoring) etc look good then they will be ok with that. I will go in for weekly appts once I am home since I'm now really a high-risk case. Not getting my hopes up too much, but I'm cautiiously optimistic about going home soon. I will do whatever it takes and not get distracted by the fact that I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment