Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend update

Satuday ended up being a so-so day. I was very bummed about not going home, but as I mentioned the nurse we had was very helpful in getting thru. She answered a ton of questions we had, and the talk with the NICU people was very reassuring. Basically they are ready to take care of the baby whenever we deliver and walked us thru what the challenges can be and how they deal with them.

My super-nurse offered to color my hair for me since I'd mentioned that I didn't get to do it before being hospitalized. I thought that was the sweetest thing, but wasn't going to make her do that...well, she insisted, so she colored my hair on Sunday after Eric went to Walgreens to get the color I use. I do feel a lot better and look better too. :)

Amy came by and we nailed down shower details, all set for 2/6 at her house. I will not be there, Eric will be the 'honoree', and I will get to see everything via video conferencing. Gotta be creative with our situation, you know. :) A few of my friends can't make it so they are going to come by to see me at the hospital. Very exciting!

And today we did my 2nd one-hour Glucose Tolerance Test. I passed it a few months ago when they made me take it early, but today my levels were a little high. I personally think it's because I had waffles with syrup for breakfast and that was still in my system. Anyway - no food for me after 10pm tonight, and then tomorrow morning we'll do the 3 hour test. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment