Monday, February 1, 2010

30 Weeks and Counting

Here's what's been going on since I last posted:

The Baby Shower: as predicted, was a ton of fun. The girlsshowed up, decorated my room, had a cake, and one of them even took pictures for me! Everyone was so generous, I now feel somewhat prepared to take a baby home! I'm working on thank you notes, now, it's difficult (and d slow) to write while horizontal so they'll be kinda messy but they're going out soon. My room is still decorated because I like having the decor up, and it's taken Eric a few trips to get all the goodies home. Also, everyone wrote little messages to Tyler that I can scrapbook for him - such a neat idea!

Wheelchair Rides: starting last Saturday (30 weeks) I get to go on wheelchair rides every other day. Whoo hoo - finally seeing what's outside that giant door! It was so fun to see where all the other rooms are and where the nurses hang out andstuff. I also got a tour of the NICU, and feel a lot more comfortable with the prospect of Tyler spending some time there if needed.

Ultrasound!!: We had another ultrasound on Thursday. Tyler is 2 lbs 10 oz (2.65 lbs), or about 1204 grams. Dr. Wells came by the next day and I asked how accruate those estimates are and he said for this size it's about +- 5%. So, oeverall a little on the small side but completely normal. The tech even said "congratulations on having a perfectly normal baby". Music to my ears. However, he was facing my back so no good pictures, darn it.

Snow: it snowed on Friday night/Saturday which limited visitors due to the road conditions.s Last I heard we got 5 inches! It didn't really bother me since I'm inside, but sounds like it was pretty precarious out there. Eric was going to stay here Saturday night and work from here Sunday, rather than going home Saturday afternoon, but he braved the roads and drove slowly. He made it home and to work with no issues and even came out here to see me last night.

Tilted: I now have to lay on my side or tilted (with a pillow under my back/butt) so as not to put pressure on that artery that goes up my back, that flows to the placenta.

Everything else has been about the same. Nurses are still wonderful, baby is doing well, and we're hanging in here! This coming weekend is the big baby shower at Amy's house. Unless the weather gets bad, some family from Richmond are coming down too, so it should be a fun time. Eric got my Yahoo Messenger working so we can use that to video me in so I can watch the festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment