Wednesday, February 10, 2010

a development

There are several different terms you can use for it, so pick your phrase of choise, but - my water broke, my membrane ruptured, I am leaking, etc.

You may recall that just about 4 weeks ago I was dialated 3 to 4 cm and had hourglassing membranes. Well as of today I am 31 weeks 4 days and had started to leak a teeny bit yesterday. The nurse and doc thought it was just random pregnancy stuff.. It picked up overnight and they confirmed it was amniotic fluid, which means my membrane ruptured.

Eric was at home since he had to work today, and I kept him updated on everything through the night. He ended up leaving work and surprised me by showing up at 8:30 am today.

The thing is, unless I go into active labor or develop an infection, this will not change my current treatment except they are monitoring my temperature every 4 hours instead of 8 (first sign of infection). I will get ultrasounds to monitor the amt of fluid more regularly (weekly), too.

The doctor did an ultrasound this AM and my fluid level is down slightly, so I'm drinking more water. He said that 75% of women who have their water break deliver w/in 48 hours, but that's if you are out and about in your normal life. Being on bedrest, I could stay like this for weeks. They will likely induce me at 36 if we make it that far.

In other news, I am sitting up more to eat per the doctor's direction on Sunday. It is nice to see my food when I'm eating and I make less of a mess too. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mary! I'm so glad I checked for an update. If you need anything, I'm only a call away.

    ReplyDelete