Sunday, February 28, 2010

Baby Tyler is here!

As you know the induction was planned for tomorrow but apparently Tyler likes purple (amythest is his birthstone)....which is kinda funny because that is one of Eric's favorite colors and the color in our wedding. Here's the story :)

I woke up this morning around 4:30 feeling cramping, but it was weird in that it was low, like hips and below? I felt about 3 of those a few minutes apart and decided to wake Eric up (around 4:50) and then called the nurse. She came in and got an L&D nurse to come in...the doc came in a at 5:07 and checked my cervix - still 4 cm. Then the L&D nurse came in and checked me a few minutes later and I was 7 cm! then 5 more minutes...and I'm at 9.5 and we got wheeled to the OR. I delivered in the OR because he was a preemie and the Pedicatric team would be on stanby there. Felt like we were in there for a while, and they told me when to push (which is hard work, btw) and next thing you know there he is at 6:40 am.

You may have noticed in there that I didn't mention an epidural....he came too fast to do that! I had some sort of "take the edge off" meds in my IV but I don't think it did a lot. They had to take my blood and do testing before administering the epidural, (even though Eric said from minute one that I wanted one), and by the time he was here it was too late. Good thing he was small!!

We've been over to see him twice now and he's bigger than I thought he would be.I can't wait to see him w/out the tubes and stuff. The Neonatologist estimates he'll be there 2 to 3 weeks. The 2nd time we went over we got to hold him which
was way awesome. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment